The untold secrets of digitalization
Digitalization has taken the world by storm, as it allows organizations to improve their internal processes through improved productivity.
Digitalization has several benefits like increased efficiency, increased productivity, lower operational costs, better customer experience, heightened transparency, competitive advantage and faster decision making.
If you want to automate your business, actually minimize costs, and create efficient processes, this is a great way to do it. However, when implementing digitalization, you need to carefully plan what your company needs. Jumping head first into unknown waters can complicate your digitization efforts. For this, it is critical to find a business partner who has experience in this area and can help and direct your company to the right path in digitalization.
Neglecting and postponing business processes and digitization will ultimately cost the company. Just as every car needs regular maintenance and an “oil change”, so does a company and its solutions and internal processes. Those who do not dare to start immediately with a big hurrah can also do it over time, e.g. starting from the most critical place – often this is to reduce the duplication/entry of information. Countless companies today have a situation where information needs to be managed in the online store, website, product cards, economy software, etc. All of this can be avoided by creating a so-called “source of truth” environment, i.e. a PIM system, which gathers all the information about the products and from which the necessary information is further branched into various web applications.
In this article, we bring you a few benefits of digitalization for businesses.
What is digitization?
The CEO of our company describes digitalization as:
All kinds of production processes and tedious routine activities are replaced by simple and logical user interfaces, which transform the structure of work.
With digitization, it is critical to adapt processes to evolving technologies and understand that the work of smart business decisions is an important part of understanding old patterns. The broader goal is for companies to become more flexible in changing their business processes. Productivity will increase, and the work people do will become smarter.
Benefits of digitalization:
-Streamlining processes – Companies are constantly looking for innovative methods to improve efficiency. Efficiency is defined as time, effort and money spent on tasks or on purpose. One of the key advantages of digital is that it reduces the time and resources required to complete a task.
– Productivity – When you automate repetitive processes, you free your employees from repetitive tasks and allow them to focus on the more complex tasks that your business needs to run more efficiently. With automation systems, tasks can be done faster and with fewer errors. Ultimately, processing automation allows employees to use their working time better.
– Decrease in operating costs – The goal of every business owner is to save time and money. Manual activities and processes are slower than automated activities and processes because they are moved through one at a time. Digitization enables you to spend your resources most efficiently and effectively.
– Increased transparency – Transparency of business processes is critical to success. Well-documented processes and a transparent workflow increase organizational visibility. Managers don’t have to worry about employees forgetting what to do. If you manage visual processes, they can immediately identify bottlenecks and new opportunities.
– Quality and consistency – One of the most significant advantages of digitization is that it ensures that every operation is carried out consistently, resulting in high-quality and reliable output. If you automate, for example, your customer service, then your consumers may get the same annoyed responses from your company every time.
– Fewer human errors – When operations are automated, the likelihood of associated human error is reduced. Tasks have more errors than machines. The machines never tire and can work continuously 24 hours a day.
– Improving employee morale – When employees have to focus on manual repetitive tasks, their learning, development and professional growth are affected. Employees benefit from digitization as it automates these repetitive activities, allowing them to actively participate in initiatives and improve their productivity and morale.
– Better decision making – Digitization and information management work hand in hand; when analysed, it becomes knowledge, and knowledge leads to better decisions.